Dear Sahodaya Ahmedabad Members,
The concept of ‘Sahodaya’ is imbued with the spirit of ‘caring and sharing’ and is meant to facilitate closer networking and collaboration among the schools of the CBSE family. We all have voluntarily come together to share our best practices and innovative strategies in various aspects of school education including curriculum design, evaluation and pedagogy and also in providing support to teachers by regular capacity building exercises.
We are glad to have a unique and interactive platform for schools to share their experience, to work jointly for scholastic and co-scholastic excellence, to deliberate upon the different policies and guidelines of the Board and to provide effective feedback on their implementation to establish new benchmark of qualities. The main focus today has moved on to ‘How we are doing things and not how our actions are shaping us’. There has to be a perfect balance between method and outcome.
Areas of best practices where we all need to focus are as follows:
- Empowering Educators
- Innovative tools for Assessment and Feedback
- Students as Change makers
- Mindfulness Interspersed into the Curriculum
- Beyond Skills-Competencies the way forward….
- Conserve Blue to Stay Green
- Experiential Learning – Building Human Capacity through 4H’s (Head, Heart, Hand and Health)
- Arts, Sports, Life Skills, Craft and Values should be integrated with the pedagogy
- Differentiated Learning for Diverse Classrooms
The 4 C’s of Education in 21st Century are i) Communication, ii) Critical Thinking, iii) Collaboration and iv) Creativity. The 3 A challenge for teachers are i) Appraise your teaching and tools with 4C’s; ii) Apprise your students of the 4C’s and iii) Apply the 4 C’s in your professional Life.
Finally, we must strive for inclusion of ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ in the education system, which should be imbibed in the value system of children, parents, schools and managements.
- ATANU RATH
- Principal, DPS Gandhinagar